Low Blood platelets - itp

My HIV infection occurred 10 months ago and my HIV diagnosis was made 30 May 2012. The medication treatment with eviplera started six weeks ago after my blood platelets been falling from 162 down to 8 at lowest. The medication has made the viral load dropped from 84,000 copies down to 480, CD4 increased from 280 up to 330 during the four-week period that the medication occurred. Bone marrow samples were made indicating normal values.

Any cortisone treatment for ITP has not been started when my doctors waits that my values ​​should rise (after the degree of virus infection drops)

It is apparently uncommon to get a platelet counts drop as huge as mine?!.... -What can I expect for future?... Any advise

Worried Swedish Hiv patient

Your platelet count decrease is significant and a bit unusual, particularly for someone with recent infection. It is good to know that you had a bone marrow biopsy performed to rule out other causes for low platelets. HIV treatment usually results in an increase in platelet count, once the HIV viral load is under control. However, sometimes HIV treatment is not enough and steroids or gammaglobulin is given to increase the platelet count.

VDRL Reactive in 1:8 Is curable one ?
What type of test should I have done to know if I have HIV