|research on CD4 count
Nov 3, 2012
How many CD4 cells decrease in 1 year in the beginning after HIV infection(lowest to the highest)?How do we feel fast decrement of CD4 cells without doing lab test?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A normal CD4 in someone without HIV infection is in the range of 500-1500. From natural history studies that were performed years ago, and in the absence of HIV treatment, a person would lose about 50 CD4 cells/year in their count. But that loss rate is dependent on the the type of virus, how high the viral load is, and the underlying immune system of the person.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
- Does Any Std Affect Your Urine Flow?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.