Body coping on it's own

I have been diagnosed since July 2011 and since then have been getting checked every three to six months, depending on my test results. Initially I did go as low as the 200's for my CD4 and in the 100's of thousands for my viral load. Since then my body seems to have been adjusting gradually and my latest test last week showed a CD4 of 890 and a viral load of 6,800 (it increased to the 400's then to 600's and now 800's)

I am 32 very fit, gym regularly and am a part-time fitness instructor and eat very well with limited alcohol. The strange thing is that I thought I would have a low CD4 reading as I have got the flu two times quite close together recently.

Is this type of steady increase normal and can the body keep repairing and controlling the virus on it's own? If so, are there any people on here that aren't on medication still and it's been a good number of years?

It's almost making me second guess the good news of the readings.

I guess I am doing something right!

Yes, you and your immune system are doing something right. Although you have a low detectable viral load, your CD4 count has recovered nicely. And although it is too soon to tell whether your will need HIV treatment in the near term, some experts would still say that you should be starting treatment now to preserve your immune system.

About HIV vrial load and result
meaning of lab numbers