Hep C Quantitation results are 5,053,480

My daughter has severe C.P.and takes meds for a seizures as well. And she has Hep C.(type 1a) We found out in 2006 and I was told that she wasn't a canidate for treatment because of the seizures.I took her to another Dr. recently and they did some test ,HCV RT-PCR Quant & her results were 5,053,480 & he said these are high but she would be ok for a couple of more years to do a new treatment coming out with less side effects. Aren't these numbers dangerous? My friend had numbers in the 4 millions and was told that she was almost a liver transplant candidate. Do people with severe Cerebral Palsy ever do the treatments? Should i get a second opinion?

A HCV viral load of 5 million sounds very high, but is just above the average viral load level for this infection. In the short term, this level is not dangerous. The viral load result is but one test we use to look for evidence of liver damage. Other blood tests, liver scans, or a liver biopsy would provide more definitive information as to the extent of liver damage. I am not sure that CP is an absolute contraindication to treatment. There are definitely new HCV specific drugs that are in the pipeline now.

CD count
High AST and ALT