Oct 28, 2012
Hello - I was recently diagnosed with HIV and started Atripla. Initial lab tests showed my ALT number was at 17... Upon starting Atripla they jumped to 67. My doctor doesnt seem to be to worried about this however I am scared about such a high jump. Should I request to change treatment. Is 67 considered high?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is not an unusual response to starting Atripla. That ALT elevation is just slightly above the normal range. At this point, I would not be concerned.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Did Scientific Awareness Of Hiv Begin?
- Distribution Of Hiv In The World
- Hepatitis C Borderline Test Result
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- On What Part Of Your Body Can You Have An Outbreak From Herpes
- What Is The Percentage Of Teens That Have Had Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.