Oct 28, 2012
Hello - I was recently diagnosed with HIV and started Atripla. Initial lab tests showed my ALT number was at 17... Upon starting Atripla they jumped to 67. My doctor doesnt seem to be to worried about this however I am scared about such a high jump. Should I request to change treatment. Is 67 considered high?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is not an unusual response to starting Atripla. That ALT elevation is just slightly above the normal range. At this point, I would not be concerned.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can Keflex Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.