vaccinations

I recently saw an article that the CDC is now recommending both Pneumovax 23 and Prevnar 13 for prevention of pneumonia in people with HIV. I am soon coming due for my 5-year booster of Pneumovax but if I'm reading the article correctly, I should get Prevnar first and the Pneumovax booster 8 weeks later. However, it's also time for my annual flu shot. My question: is it safe to get Prevnar and the flu shot at the same time? My concern is that I don't want to overwhelm my immune system with too much at once. By the way, I'm 63 years old, have had an undetectable (less than 40) VL for 12 years with CD4's holding steady in the mid 500's. Thanks

No problem getting the flu vaccine and Prevnar vaccine together. BTW, congrats on your stellar numbers.

CD4 Count and Viral Load
AIN3