|blood platelets and hiv
Oct 21, 2012
once you have begun to lose platelets is any way to replace them?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Assuming you are talking about a low platelet count associated with HIV infection, the answer depends on how low the platelet count is, and whether you are on HIV treatment or not. There are several reasons for why the platelet count could be low. Some are related to HIV infection and some are not. In addition, it is also important to know how low the platelet count is currently; to know how significant the problem is and whether the platelet count needs to be increased urgently or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Does Hiv Affect Blood Platelets?
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding In Toddlers
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.