|HIV Confirmation Test
Oct 14, 2012
Hello doctor 10 month Baby Tested on 25 feb 2012 ELISA - +VE ,But in March HIV-1 DNA PCR - Negative now In OCT DNA PCR - Negative ,so is there any problem for baby in future ?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Given those results, the baby is not infected. It is not unusual for babies to have positive HIV antibody tests after birth from a mother who is HIV infected, because these are antibodies that are passed from the mother to the fetus while in the uterus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Most Common Confirmation Test For HIV?
- Blood Transfusion How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Deep Kissing?
- Can You Contract HIV From Breast Milk?
- Chance Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- Do People Get AIDS From Insertive Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.