White blood cells

Dear Dr.

I have been on Atripla for 3 years. My viral Load was 6.700 and since started treatment have remained undetectable. My CD4 went from 260 to 550 nowdays. However, over the whole of this time my lab results show Leucocite count consistently the lower end, at about 4.000 X mm3 with neutrophiles ranging from 25-30% and lymphocites 60-65%. I understand this % distribution is oppposite to what is expected. My Dr doesnt seem to think it is important. Should I be worried? Thank you in advance

Although your WBC is slightly low, resulting in a lower neutrophil count in the 1000 to 1300 range, that is still an acceptable number to have. You neutrophils are important cells that help fight various bacterial infections when required. We usually start to worry when the neutrophil count drops below 500, meaning the immune system can no longer fight infections as effectively when the count is 1000 or more. In your case, it is not clear why your neutrophil count might be low. It is usually not the result of HIV infection, or the HIV medications you are taking.

Viral load results
CD4 & Viral Load vs Delivery