|Viral load results
Oct 7, 2012
Dear Doctor, first of all, thank you for your support. It is very important for us. I am worried about my lab results. I started to take Atripla 3 months ago. In that moment my CD4 were 157. I have not data about my initial VL because of a failure in the VL test. Yesterday, I got my second lab results. My CD4 have growth up to 492, buy my VL is not undetectable yet (VL = 1500). The doctor told me to think about changing the medication but I am not sure... I think I should wait... PLEASE, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?
On the other hand, I use a 1-week pillbox for Atripla. It is OK?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Assuming you have been taking your medications as prescribed, and that we don't know what the baseline viral load was before treatment, this could all be OK. However, I would suggest getting a resistance now to determine whether your virus has developed resistance to any of the three drugs in Atripla. That test results will help determine whether you should continue Atripla, or change some or all of your HIV medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.