Oct 7, 2012
I was at mephs three weeks ago abd they said i have hiv antibodies, does this mean i have the virus? And three years ago they gave me a shot for stds can that cause antibodies to develope?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, most likely. You don't indicate what HIV antibody test was performed, and whether this was just a screening test or an additional confirmation test was also performed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Tested Negative But My Partner Is Positive Am I Hiv Positive Also?
- Hiv Infections From One Time Unprotected Sex
- Difference Between Hiv And Std
- Can You Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Has Hiv But An Undetectable Virus Load?
- How To Use Gentian Violet To Treat Thrush In Adults?
- Is A Black Sore Inside The Gum A Sign Of Hiv Or Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.