vl detectable after 1,5 years of treatment (truvada + reyataz)

Hi from Italy! I hope you may help me to understand what is happening. I discovered to be HIV+ two years ago (CD4=200 and VL=30.000) and after few month (VL=85000) I started HAART treatment: TRUVADA + REYATAZ ...after 3(!) month VL was undetectable and I felt very well. After other few month CD4 became to increase (with little step...now CD4 = 540) and I still feel very healthy (even with problems with triglycerides and cholesterol). I check my blood every two months but, last year (it was October) VL was 50, then 70 (maybe a flu with antibiotics) after VL undetectable...but now during last check, VL = 110. I've been tested for resistance and found everything ok. I think to be adherent to therapy: every day between 22 and 23.30-24 I take my treatment and I have never missed a dose. Is there a risk of treatment failure? Could be useful to add a booster (i.e. Norvir) or we must consider to completely change therapy? What do you think about? I would not change because with these drugs I feel very well and confortable, but I also understand that a detectable VL could lead to problems in the future. Many thanks for useful informations.

I understand your concern. However, given where your CD4 count is now, I am not too terribly concerned about that viral load result. As you know, the viral load can blip, which unfortunately you have been experiencing. I don't think I would change or add any HIV meds at this time, unless the viral load continues to increase in the 200-500 or greater range on the next test.

lgsil to hgsil anal precancer
HIV And Fatty Liver