|A range of Questions
Sep 23, 2012
Hi I have multiple questions regarding the Virus. 1) Can you refuse treatment? If so, how long will you live? 2) If you drain a person of bodily fluids and were somehow able to resuscitate them, would this cure them? 3) Would over heating the body destroy the virus? Like standing in a sauna for prolonged interval periods of time? 4) Can you have operations with HIV? 5) Can you get HIV if the condom splits during sex but you are unaware?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. Yes. Survival depends on many factors, including type of virus, underlying immune system and genetics, other ongoing medical conditions, all of which can increase or decrease survival time by years. 2. Great question. Given current technology this would not be possible. In addition, some kinds of HIV infected cells would not come out in the fluid, as they are fixed inside various organs. 3. Heat can destroy the virus. However the temperatures required are way too high for some to survive. A sauna won't do it. 4. Absolutely. 5. Possibly.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vaginal Thrush And Vaginal Yeast Infection The Same Thing?
- Semen Enters Eye Can I Contract Hiv Infection
- What Blood Tests Detect Hiv?
- Main Symptom Of Vaginal Hiv Yeast Infection
- What Should A Physical Therapist Do If A Patient Is Hiv Positive?
- Do Birth Control Medications Effect Hepatitis Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.