CD3 count reduction
Sep 23, 2012
My CD3 count reduced from 2399 to 1326. Total lymphocyte reduce from 2750 to 1600 and CD4 reduced from 800 to 456 between Jul 2011 and Jul2012. But CD4 % increased from 33.3 to 36.Viral load was undetectable in 2011 but yet to receive current v/l. I'm on generic atripla . Is it treatment failure?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unlikely, especially if the viral load remains undetectable. Likely something else is going on (another infection perhaps) to have reduced all your lymphocyte counts.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch HIV From Urine?
- Can You Get AIDS Through Crushing Mosquitoes With HIV Blood?
- How Does The United States Help South Africa With Preventing Hiv/aids?
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- Taking Viagra When You're Hiv Positive
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Period Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.