VDRL is Non Reactive for the past two years
Sep 23, 2012
I had syphillis 3 years back. it got cured due to the treatment .After that in between 2 times i checked my blood. Past two years my VDRL was non reactive , but the TPHA ia positive. So Do i ve syphillis ? If I m dont , should i ve to do any follow ups in every 3 months or 6 months ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The TPHA test and other specific syphilis antibody tests can remain positive for years after treatment and does not mean the infection is active.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.