Hepb viral load test undetectable
Sep 9, 2012
have been suffering from chronic hepb from more than one year.since then taking baraclude 0.5mg daily.Now my hbv dna viral load BY TAQMAN method as on 24.8.12 is <20iu/ml. I am continuing the tablet baraclude. When I will take the next viral load test? Am I infectious to others? My wife has been tested with hbsag negative. She has been vaccinated for hbsag. Can I have unprotected sex with my wife? If the next viral load is also undetectable, will I test for hbsag to see the status?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your doctor will likely get another viral load in a few months. A HBV surface antigen test should also be obtained. If still positive, despite an undetectable viral load, infectivity is still a possibility.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Woman's Breast?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.