Can i calculate my my cd4%?
Sep 9, 2012
If my cd4=592 , cd8=658, cd3=1270 how can i calculate my cd4%? Is the following formula cd4%=(cd4/cd3)*100 correct ? My lab tests never stated my cd4%, and i browsed through this forum and on the internet and this is what i came up with.Am i wrong? Thank you so much.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You get partial credit. You need to have the total lymphocyte count, usually obtained from the white blood cell (WBC) count and differential. Your calculation gives you results for the percent of t lymphocytes (CD3+ cells, that includes both CD4+ and CD8+ cells, but does not include other lymphocytes like B cells) that are CD4+ cells.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Atripla And High Liver Enzymes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.