Viral Load and CD4 count
Sep 9, 2012
I tested positive a month ago. My CD4 count was 409 and VL was 36 600. Should I start ARVs now or wait a while? I'm afraid that if I wait til my CD4 is at 350 I might get very sick.I'm not sick at the moment but have visible glands on my neck.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would recommend starting HIV treatment now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
- Chlamydia Symptoms Won't Go Away
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- How Often To Get Hepatitis B Vaccine Series?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.