Sep 2, 2012
i have been suffering from chronic hepb for more than one year. taking baraclude.now the result is viral load is <20iu/ml.my question is whether i continue the tablet further and how long?whether any chances of getting seroconversion of hbsag
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The short answer is you need to continue the baraclude. Although you have had a good virologic response, the fact the your HBsAg is still positive indicates the virus is still present, although at a very low level of activity given the undetectable viral load. It is still positive to see your HBsAg become negative, but only time will tell whether that will happen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Rubbing Against Someone?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Hole In Condom
- Is Dry Mouth An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.