Seeking treatment

Hello, I am a male in my early 20s and was diagnosed with HIV in May this year. I was told it was acute. It took me a while to accept it and to then ask for help. I'm still struggling with it actually. Anyway, I'm very worried about possibly developing AIDS if I haven't already. I fear I may have waited too long to seek treatment. I made an appointment with a doctor but she can't see me till mid October. So far, my sympotoms have been acute balantis and what my primary care physician thought to have been foliculitis. Both lasted a couple weeks, one in May and the other in June. I also have an abscess on my neck but I've been getting those since high school due to cystic acne. Other than that, I don't show any other symptoms. I'm just wondering what you think of all this. And if October is too long to wait for treatment. Also, in the meantime, what can I do to keep myself healthy and my immune system strong?

You need to have your HIV viral load and CD4 count/percent done to know where you stand, and whether HIV treatment is indicated at this time. Your primary care physician can order those tests, as well as some screening labs sexually transmitted infections and for routine tests like blood counts and liver and kidney function. You don't have to wait until October to get all of this information.

CD4%
VDRL Positive