CD4%

Hello

I hope you are well! I have just had my baseline tests back. CD4 is 470 (18%), viral load 190000. I am confused.com! I understand that CD4% is a better indication of prognosis and that 14% is defined as AIDS. Taking this into account, should I be insisting that I go onto meds? The doc suggested I wait and get the tests re done in 3 weeks.

Although the numbers are unlikely to change significantly, there is no harm in waiting to have them repeated. If the numbers are consistent with what the first numbers show, then yes, you need to start HIV treatment.

Sushi
Seeking treatment