Aug 25, 2012
I hope you are well! I have just had my baseline tests back. CD4 is 470 (18%), viral load 190000. I am confused.com! I understand that CD4% is a better indication of prognosis and that 14% is defined as AIDS. Taking this into account, should I be insisting that I go onto meds? The doc suggested I wait and get the tests re done in 3 weeks.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although the numbers are unlikely to change significantly, there is no harm in waiting to have them repeated. If the numbers are consistent with what the first numbers show, then yes, you need to start HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- What If You Have Pimples On Your Lips Is That A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.