CD4 Counts and Viral Loads Info

Hello dear Doctor: i have never been a very bright person as far as numbers go, and much less now that i am taking my ARVS that many a times makes me daze. Well anyway, I get confused as to what is more important: to have undetectable load is better than having ur cd4 counts high? Or, can u have undetectable VL and low cd4 counts, is this possible? Or, is it possible to have a high cd4 count and at the same time a high or very high VL? Or is it an automatic issue that the lower ur viral load the higher ur cd4 count? After reading so much reviews elsewhere on this subject i sort of get lost on what is more important for hivers to watch out for, the cd4 count or the viral load? Thank u for ur kind reply and best wishes to u.

I don't think your are dazed or lost. Every one of those situations you describe can occur. A number of factors contribute to what situation can occur, including, the type of virus, underlying genetics and immune system of the person, what the CD4 count was at diagnosis, whether they are on HIV treatment or not, other ongoing medical conditions, among other reasons.

Beating HIV without AVT
Is my initial CD4 count artificially low because of severe acute HIV infection