Beating HIV without AVT

I was diagnosed HIV+ in March 2012, My viral load was 6,000,000. 2 months later, without treatment, my viral load dropped to 1,000,000. My body was fighting off the virus, right? However, I was still warned that I should immediately start AVT right away. Should I have waited longer, to see if my body could continue to fight the virus on it's own? Some people can live upto 10 years without treatment, but I only lasted 2 months.

Although that looks like a significant decline in viral load when comparing those two values, that is really not that significant a decline and could represent assay variability. A viral load of 1 million is still a very high value. You don't indicate what your CD4 count was before starting treatment. However, many experts would agree that starting HIV treatment with that high of a viral load would be the right thing to do.

is it too late? My cd4 level is below 138
CD4 Counts and Viral Loads Info