|HIV & Bariatric Surgery
Aug 19, 2012
Am I able to undergo bariatric surgery, if I am HIV positive? Are there any specific risks that I should be concerned about?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In general, there is no contraindication to surgery, or this particular surgical procedure in someone with HIV infection. You don't indicate whether you are on HIV treatment and your infection is under control, and what your immune status is (CD4 count). Always better to have surgical procedures if your HIV is under control and your immune system is in good shape.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.