|Just learned, Scared to Death
Aug 19, 2012
I just learned my status. It appears that I have been infected for a while. My CD4 count was 3 with over 10,000,000 copies. I am scheduled to see a ID Specialist next week. Is there any hope that with treatment my CD4 count will increase and my immune system function improve. Thanks, Scared to death
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, treatment can be highly effective. Most HIV treatment regimens should be able to get your viral load undetectable. Recovery of your CD4 count will occur although will be slower over time than control of the virus, which should occur fairly quickly.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.