labs

Hi Dr holodniy i have a ? is hiv an easy virus to get ?. here is my situation i tested negative in 2009 found out from the blood bank after blood donation. i am a married man heterosexual never had any intercourse with anybody but my wife which is negative 90 days conclusive as of today . in dec 2011 i was asked if i wanted to get tested for hiv during an e.r visit for a stomach virus i had. 7 days later dec 27th 2011 results came back positive for hiv by elisa and westernblot. went to see an infectious d doctor on jan 19th 2012 he ran rna test to check for the viro load it came back Undetectable cd4 counts were in normal range cd4 854 38% cd8 516 32%. elisa and westernblot were repeated all came back positive.i have never done drugs of any kind only thing i have ever done was masturbation hand to penis contact after getting a massages since my last negative hiv test. my last massages were in oct31 2011 in which the woman doing the massage squeezed a pimple on my back and on nov 22 2011 i had another massage where i felt a pinch on my toe during a reflexology treatment . other than that i never had intercourse with anybody else but my wife. if i had gotten hiv from the pimple being squeezed or the pinch to the toe would i be Undetectable on jan 19th . can HIV be this easy to get? can you get it from a hand to penis contact with only my body fluid coming out and no cuts ? or is something else going on in my body? i had more rna test done and as of today cd4 are 854 cd8 did rise 750 but viro load is still ud . please give some ideas my case is very strange.

The repeatedly positive HIV screening and confirmatory test signify HIV infection, although your immune system appears to be doing a good job of containing the infection on its own, given the normal CD4 count and undetectable viral load. I can't comment on how you may have become infected.

Interpreting test results
all results back