Interpreting test results
Aug 19, 2012
What do the following test results mean?
HIV -1 RNA (log10). result 3.64 range less than 1.68
HIV - RNA ultra ,pcr result. 4412. range. less than 48
Do these indicate HIV positive/negative or non-conclusive?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those results indicate a positive result of 4412 copies/mL, or 3.64 log10 copies/mL (which is the same number expressed in different mathematical terms).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Vaginal Fluid Outside Body
- Hiv Rash Symptoms In Men
- Does Hiv Causes Numbness And Tingling In Feet And Hand?
- What Can Cause A False Negative Hiv Test?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- How Long Should A Person Wait After Intercourse To Get An Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.