Interpreting test results
Aug 19, 2012
What do the following test results mean?
HIV -1 RNA (log10). result 3.64 range less than 1.68
HIV - RNA ultra ,pcr result. 4412. range. less than 48
Do these indicate HIV positive/negative or non-conclusive?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those results indicate a positive result of 4412 copies/mL, or 3.64 log10 copies/mL (which is the same number expressed in different mathematical terms).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Give Someone An Std?
- Is Having Hpv Worse Than An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.