Am I still in the 'acute infection' stage?

I was just diagnosed late June and I just got my first lab results back and I was surprised at my numbers. My viral load is 84,000 copies and my CD4 count was 249. The last time I tested before I did so in June was back in March of 2010. I finally went to get tested in June because I got a call notifying me I had been exposed to the virus. I am a 22 year old male and a every day meth user. The doctor didnt say anything about when he thinks I was infected but based on the information I've provided, what is your opinion? Will my CD4 count start to rise and my viral load slowly even out?

Hard to say. If you were exposed 2 years ago, then these are likely what the numbers will be. Another set of numbers in a couple of months would help make that determination. However, most providers would recommend HIV treatment given where your CD4 count is currently. In addition, you have to stop the meth, as that is not doing your immune system any good.

Huh?? HCV RNA, Quantitative Real Time PCR
Interpreting test results