|When to start ARV meds
Aug 11, 2012
Hi, i recently found out im HIV +, just about 3 months ago, by then i had develeoped Herpes Simplex thus the reason for a test. Upon blood check,my CD4 count was 430 viral load 1200, after 4 weeks it had risen to 470 viral load 11,000, im only on Septrin and actually have no feeling of sickness except occassional dizziness and general body fatigue. I would like to know whether it is advisable to begin ARV treatment. I would like to nip this in the bud early enough.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The general consensus among experts is that yes, given your numbers, you should start HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Picking Your Nose
- Burning Urethra After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.