My viral load is going up
Aug 11, 2012
For 10 years of hiv treatment my viral load has been undetectable. Now its slowly inching up. 3 months ago was 50. Prior to that undetect. Undetect undetect for years. Cd4 is 670. Was at 750 last time 3 months ago. Prior was as high as 900. Im sober for 2 months. Prior was heavy drinker. Should i be alarmed as i freaking a bit and sad. Worried my disease is progressing. :(
Response from Dr. Holodniy
If there has only been one viral load result at that level, I would not be concerned, as long as you are taking your HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do The Bodies Of Men With Hypogonadism Look Like?
- Wrong Diagnosis Of Genital Herpes
- Why Do I Get Bacterial Vaginosis After Sex?
- Where Does Chlamydia Start?
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.