Aug 11, 2012
Hi Doc, I'm just writing to enquire if labs can get the cd4 and cd8 mixed up. Basically, I went to my nearest clinic and got the result: CD4 1880 55% and CD8 660 19% CD4/CD8=2.9 A month later I went to a clinic 200 miles from my home and got the result:CD4 822 57.5% and CD8 245 17.5% CD4/CD8=3.36
I'm suffering from worsening seb derm so I'm concerned the test could be giving out inverted results in both places I got tested. Could this be a possibility?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Possible, but you don't indicate with your HIV viral load level is, or whether you are on HIV treatment or not to understand whether that could be affecting the numbers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.