New Diag. On Meds VERY Tired

Mark, I recently started dating a guy who was diagnosed late last year, he had a very high VL and low CD4 so he was started on Prezista(?) and the other typical cocktail meds. Here lately he has been EXTREMELY tired and barely able to fucntion His CD4 is now at 256 and VL is 105. I've been positive for 8 years and the lowest my CD4 has ever been was 356 and that was just late last year. I was started on Complera and my numbers bounced back almost immediately! My last CD4 was 764 and VL was >50. Should he ask his doctors to start him on Complera or should he stick with his current treatment and see what happens? He and I are both very worried because our relationship is blossoming very beautifully but I am worried about our long term future.

Although you don't indicate what his numbers were before starting HIV meds or when he actually started relative to those numbers you report, it sounds like he has had a great response to treatment. I am not sure what the fatigue is associated with, and is unlikely to be the HIV meds themselves. I don't think I would recommend changing his regimen at this point. If on the other hand, sufficient time has passed on this regimen and he still does not have an undetectable viral load, then perhaps a modification in the HIV regimen would be indicated.

undetectable vs. detected but too low to count
HIV MEDs