Newly Infected but low VL

I was diagnosed the last month ( 29/6) that iam HIV+, i was sure that something is happening because i had a risky date on 29/5 and after a week i had some symptoms of acute infection. On 10/7 I gave a blood sample for the first blood test and Ive just got the results. CD4 590 and Viral Load 1000, I dont know the CD4%. - I wanted to ask you if that result could be possible for a newly infected person and why? - On the other hand could that be a scenario that i was already infected for months? (even if iam sure that happend on May). - If the first hypothesis could be true, the early start of medication could be an option? (taking into account the revised US guidelines 2012).

Yes, it is possible that infection could have already occurred previously, especially if you don't have any recent prior HIV tests that were negative to know for sure. It would be unusual to have that low of a viral load within a month of acute infection, but not impossible. Yes, the current guidelines have just been revised and now recommend that even those people with numbers like yours would benefit more from starting treatment earlier rather than later.

I'm a 23 year old guy who just was told I'm HIV + I go to my doctor next week what are something that keep me from thinking about this ?
3 times positive in elisa