positive 1 week ago. viral load and progress?
Aug 5, 2012
I had the positive result one week ago. I already have the results of the viral load(I dont have the cd4 test.The result is viral load of 9,564. I know the CD4 is more important to know whats the progress of my infection. But with this result can I know how is my infection. at least a Idea. Is that possible with this viral load( I have read tha is considered low) that I know how is the progress of my infection?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your viral load is in the low to moderate range. Unfortunately, alone, and with only one value, it doesn't completely define what your risk of progression will be. Your risk is certainly lower than those people with viral loads > 100,000.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.