hiv pos and itp
Jul 22, 2012
recently after being diagnosed pos..I had an episode of itp..is this a long term situation I should worry about?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Could be. It is not uncommon to see ITP associated with HIV infection, with resultant low platelet counts. However, in many people who start HIV meds and get the virus under control, the platelet counts tend to normalize.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.