hiv pos and itp
Jul 22, 2012
recently after being diagnosed pos..I had an episode of itp..is this a long term situation I should worry about?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Could be. It is not uncommon to see ITP associated with HIV infection, with resultant low platelet counts. However, in many people who start HIV meds and get the virus under control, the platelet counts tend to normalize.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Linked To Osteoarthritis
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Raw Oysters?
- What Causes Vaginal Bleeding After Sex?
- Can Hiv Survive In Toilet Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.