Please help me understand my results

Hello Dr I was diagnosed 5 years ago and my CD4 results have been above 550. I recently started cardiovascular exercise and latest results dropped to 290. My doctor recommend I start with treatment as the CD4 is low. However CD4 percentage is normal, its 32%. Should I start on meds, or can I regulate my exercise and see what happens first, that's the only different thing with my life-style. Does exercise affect CD4 count negatively in this case and would it be better to stop? Please advise.

I am not sure I would do anything at this point, other than get another set of labs. Your CD4 count is out of proportion to your CD4 percent. Although you don't indicate what your viral load is, if it is low and has been consistent over time, that provides further evidence that the CD4 count of 290 is not accurate. On the other hand if your viral load has now increased, the CD4 count could be real.

Possible resistance - compliance after skipped dose ?
hiv pos and itp