Cd4 increase after steady decline over 3 years

Hi Dr Holodniy,

Good day! I would just like to ask about indication of being a long term non progressor. since i could not find any specific article on this on your site nor on in the web. Ill just state the facts: 2010 diagnosed after seroconversion symptoms present: January 2010 CD4-723 VL-5million June 2010 CD4-1212 VL-23,500 January 2011 CD4-965 VL-47,000 April 2011 CD4-782 VL-60,000 January 2012 CD4-523 VL-500,000 June 2012 Cd4- 600 VL-23,000

what is weird are my last two tests, its as if i suddenly had a spike in VL and crash in CD4, its as if its "stabilized or maybe stabilizing". Question: 1. Is this probably just a temporary spike and does it happen with most Hiv naive treatment patients? having spikes once in awhile then following the downward trend again? 2. I dont want to get my hopes up but is this maybe a sign that i might be a long term non progressor if it stays at this level on my next couple of tests? Is this the trend of a long term non progressor> constant decline then stabilizing?

Any advice would help Doc,

Thanks a lot for your time

1. Yes, there can be these kinds of swings, particularly in people not on HIV treatment, and in the face of other ongoing infections or after immunizations. 2. You are unlikely to be a nonprogressor. People in this category usually maintain normal CD4 counts and percent, and have undetectable viral loads. In addition, time is a factor, in that most people in this category have maintained these kinds of numbers for over 10 years and in the absence of HIV treatment.

High viral load, should I think about treatment?
Breastfeeding