|Does my VL give any indication of the length of time I was infected?
Jul 22, 2012
I was diagnosed 2 years ago with a viral load of 220K. I suppose this means I had it a long time but could that figure give any indication of how long?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No, unfortunately not. Although your viral load is in the high range, that could indicate early acute infection, or long term chronic infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- 3 Month Hiv Testing
- Neuropathy Dizziness Headache
- What Are The Chances Of Men Getting Hiv From A Woman With A Undetectable Viral Load?
- Hiv 30 Year Term Life Insurance
- Chances Of Getting Hiv Or Std From Prostitute With A Condom
- How Long After Being Infected Does It Take To Test Positive For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.