Does my VL give any indication of the length of time I was infected?
Jul 22, 2012
I was diagnosed 2 years ago with a viral load of 220K. I suppose this means I had it a long time but could that figure give any indication of how long?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No, unfortunately not. Although your viral load is in the high range, that could indicate early acute infection, or long term chronic infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does A Herpes Scab Look Like?
- What Doctor To See About Genital Warts?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- What Is The Physical Appearance Of Syphilis?
- How Can You Tell The Difference Between Zit And Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.