Jul 22, 2012
Hi...I am currently being treated for HCV with the triple treatment cocktail of victrelis, riba,and interferon. I am in wk 17 and my thyroid function tests are starting to go off. The number is going up, so I am hypo...should I be taking meds for this now as opposed to waiting until I am done with treatment?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what the results are currently, whether you have underlying thyroid disease prior to starting HCV treatment, and/or whether you had levels drawn previously. So difficult to comment on your question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood The Most Common Source Of Hbv And Hiv In The Workplace?
- What Are The Ways That Stds Are Passed From One Person To Another?
- Under What Conditions Is There Potentially A Risk Of Hiv Transmission By Urine
- Alternative To Nystatin For Thrush
- Rash From Early Hiv Infection
- What Will Happen If You Get Two Hep B Vaccines?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.