HBV QN PCR Value Question
Jul 15, 2012
I got Hepatitis B from a blood transfusion 30 years ago. My HBV QN PCR level is now just over 3,000,000 mIU/mL. What is the significance of this value? Is there a range for this level?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The range of HBV is around 20 IU to 100 million IU/mL. Your value is in the average range. I suggest you discuss your results with a liver specialist to determine if treatment is indicated at this point.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Rubbing Against Someone?
- Are Red Spots A Sign Of HIV?
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.