Blood Work Ratios, etc

Hello Doctor, I have some questions/concerns maybe you can assist. I was diagnosed in 90/91 as having AIDS, had PCP at the time and was given AZT as my first cocktail. My CD 4 counts only went up as far as 285 at one point but hover around 185-218. I have been on several cocktails over the years (almost all of them) and have only had one other bout with Pneumonia (non PCP) in that time. I have had 15 rectal surgeries for anal squamous cell carcinoma where they have gone in and cut out growths and or cortorized the area to kill off the cells. I have many concerns as I am extremely exhaused all the time and quite frankly would just like to go to sleep and not wake up. My current meds are prezista/truvada/norvir and isentress. I also now have lyphodristrophy (sp) and am getting ready to start egrifta. My current labs show CD4 at 218, CD4 Lymph 12.1, CD8 1213, CD8 lymps 67.4 and my CD4/8 ratio of 0.18. These numbers stay pretty consistant but my last cd4 was 195 (again they only fluctuate by about 20 points/up or down).. My md is good but she says youll live a very long time and that from what I have read is not the case. What realistically would be a lifeexpectancy for someone with my type of labs? and am I wrong for being tired and just wanting to check out? It's been a long hard struggle for me over the pasy 2 decades and would like to know/understand my labs a little better.

I tend to agree with your doctor about your prognosis. Although you are in a group where the CD4 count has not moved up to any great degree above 200, being on HIV treatment with undetectable viral loads puts you in a much better place with respect to controlling the infection than someone with those counts not being on HIV treatment. There are certainly others who have your kinds of numbers and are leading healthy lives.

weird cd4 - vl counts
3-year trends, cd4+ stable and cd4+% declining