Positive Elisa Test on Hiv1/2 during pregnancy blood test

Hi Doc, as i am writting this i am in tears and i hope to get a good response, i tested poz during my ANC blood test screening, right now i am on my 2nd Trimester of pregnancy, this has been my 2nd pregnancy having had a miscarriage last in year in july. i have been married for a period of 3 yrs and my partner and have not engaged in any dubious behaviour outside our marriage. We noticed the Hosp used only Elisa test and did not do any other test, my parter tested negative and we have been very confused as no one is giving us any useful information. the doctor advised us to do a CD4 and VL test which i did after almost 3 weekks of agony. The CD4 came as 77 while the VL came as 1436. My physician has adviced i start on treatment immeadiately, We are wondering should we really start on it considering that my doc hasnt done any other test to really ascertain that i am hiv+. we still think there is something really wrong. please advice. i am really streesed out.

Thanks.

A confirmatory western blot test should have been performed after the initial positive screening HIV antibody test. However, given the positive HIV viral load result and a very low CD4 count, the results of the screening test are likely correct. I would have the CD4 count and viral load tests repeated. If they are positive, then yes HIV treatment is indicated. In addition, I would get a HIV resistance test to make sure that the virus would not be resistant to any of the HIV drugs your doctors would prescribe.

No CD4 count, only CD3 and CD8
Trofile Blood Test