Should I tell my family?

Hello...I have been recently diagnosed HIV+ with a viral load over 400,000 and t-cell count of 27. When I first tested positive, I told the doctor that I didn't want my family to know. He told me that they don't need to know. Then when the VL and CD4 testing came back, I was freaked out because I realize that I have AIDS. The only OI that I have encountered is thrush and OHL. I was immediately started on Norvir boosted Prezista along with Truvada. I am on prophylaxis for PCP, Toxo and MAC. I go next week for my 1st set of bloodwork since starting treatment...hopefully therapy is working.

I feel I cannot put this burden on my family. My brother is out of work and my parents are helping support him and his family. My parents are in there seventies and they are in poor health. My mom has Parkinson's and lung cancer and my dad has diabetes and doesn't take care of himself at all. I live 1.000 miles away from them. I don't want to worry them, but I also don't want them to get a notification that that I am hospitalized in a critical condition. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Well, I am always a big advocate for disclosure. I understand the dynamics that you are dealing with, but you need family support as well.

How to raise cd4 count
Genital herpes+ HIV