Newly Dianosed Diabetic for 15+ Years

Hello Doctor,

I hope you have the time to read this, I recently found out I was positive a week ago. I have had my labs done and Have a cd4 of 743, 40% and a viral load of 984. My case worker said these are "good numbers", I am really struggling to find the "good" out of any of this. Furthermore I have been a diabetic since the age of 3. I am fully insulin dependant (pump therapy), and I am extermely nervous about starting medience due to "side effects" and my diabetes.

Are the any new numbers/studies for people with Diabetes? I will say I feel I have great control of my diabetes, my a1c is always in the "normal" range.I am very concerned that medience will change my control of my diabetes. Could you share any valueable informtation you know on this?

Thank you for your time

Your CD4 count and percent are in the normal range and your viral load is very low. There is no urgency to start HIV treatment at this point. There are however, HIV meds that can be used that will not affect your diabetes.

Follow-up w/ labs to CD4 doubling in one month
moving to a different state with adap