CD4 results

Hello. I was diagnosed on 9th June 2012 whilst hospitalised with seroconversion illness. The date of my infection was 29th April 2012. I am yet to receive my viral load, but I am quite concerned about my CD4 count - 334 and 29%. My doctor says not to be. I am being tested again on 23rd June for my cd4 and VL. Your opinion?

If the timing of infection is correct, then you are likely in the acute infection period, where the CD4 count can decline significantly. Once the immune system controls the infection the CD4 count will increase again. In most people we don't know what the baseline CD4 count is prior to infection since we don't usually measure that except with HIV infection. The normal CD4 count is about 500-1500 and the CD4 percent is between 30-50%. Your CD4 count is low, but your CD4 percent is higher than someone who has been infected for a long time would have. Thus, I agree with your doctor, your CD4 count will likely increase somewhat, but to what number we can't predict.

hcv viral load
Hep c viral RNA quant rt pcr