HIV lymphoma viral load CD count

My partner finished chemo for plasmblastic lymphoma stage 4b about 2 months ago. His CAT scan was good and showed absence of previously visible tumours. PET scan to follow shortly. He's doing 'well' energy coming back, eating well. Weight fine. A million miles from last Christmas when tumours in the mouth were causing constant pain.

I'm trying to make sense of his viral load and CD4 count, against the backdrop of his chemo and lymphoma. His VL is 'undetectable' around 53 and most recent cd4 count is 164. I don't have trend details to hand. I was wondering what the likelihood is of his CD4 count still being repressed after chemo (as I say, 2 months on) or whether this likely merely reflects the impact of his HIV.

I appreciate the nebulous nature of enqury, but I'm really after any general information on patterns of likely response in this situation, even, perhaps, separating out what is doing what on his immune system. I think he started his anti retrovirals about 9 months ago.

thanks

You don't indicate what the CD4 count was prior to chemotherapy in order to understand the trend. But yes, chemotherapy will usually cause a reduction in CD4 count that can take weeks to months to resolve and get back to where the count was before chemotherapy.

T Cell fluctuations
who invented the treatment for hiv/ aids?