Medicine for AIDS
Jun 3, 2012
Yesterday I read that HIV vaccine has been made from mother's milk. http://www.dukehealth.org/health_library/news/newly-discovered-breast-milk-antibodies-help-neutralize-hiv
Do we have a future?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It's an important finding. But a lot of work will need to be done to take those antibodies that can neutralize the virus, understand their composition and then create a vaccine that can be given to people that produces the same type of antibody with the same function in other people.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Megace To Stimulate Appetite?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge Look Like?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.