Syphilis positive and possible HIV +
Jun 3, 2012
I was tested positive for Syphilis RPR titer 1:1 with positive FTA-ABS. Having in mind the titer 1:1 (minimally reactive)
it is more likely that I can be HIV + as well? or
people infected with HIV+ will have higher titer?
I had Syphilis in the past it was treated. Therefore, I am still showing a minimal titer.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The titer is not necessarily correlated with HIV positivity.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful White Lesions On Tongue And Hiv
- Can People Sometimes Receive A False Positive Hiv Test?
- How Likely Heterosexual Male To Catch Hiv?
- Can A Hiv Positive Woman Infect A Negative Male Partner?
- What Does A Rash Look Like If You Have Hiv?
- Can I Catch Hiv From Someone With A Zero Viral Load?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.