big drop in cd4 and cd4 percentage

I was diagnosed with hiv/aids and Kaposis September of 2011 with a cd4 of 71, cd4% of 15 and vl of 18,000 and started Atripla at that time. my cd4 rose to 100 after the first month of treatment and 119 by the 4th month and vl was undetectible, my cd4% went up to 21%. I started interferon in April for the Kaposis Sarcoma. At this time my vl was undetectible and cd4 was up to 143. After a month on interferon my cd4 dropped to 79 and cd4% is at 14%. I have discontinued using the interferon. Do you believe the interferon would cause these dramatic drops or could it be HARRT resistance. I have never missed a dose of my Atripla and as of last week my VL is still undetectible. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely. Interferon is well known to decrease white blood cell (WBC) counts, including CD4 counts. Since your viral load is still undetectable, this is extremely unlikely to be related to failure of your HIV meds.

nerve meds
Raltegravir Resistance